Automation Developer Guide¶
Design Studio is a workspace intended for Automation Engineers. It helps to automate deployment of applications and services, as well as upgrades and other activities.
With Design Studio, you can create and edit templates for server applications and virtual desktops. You can also:
- Use pre-defined or new components (e.g. Web servers, databases, load balancers, proxies).
- Represent complex topologies and configurations (e.g. tiers, clusters, services, customizations, dependencies, endpoints and connections).
- Support multiple deployment profiles for production and development (with different OS and scaling options).
- Test and troubleshoot template automation operations in a cross-cloud virtual lab with automatically enforced security and isolation rules.
- Use scripting languages and configuration platforms.
- Use artifacts obtained from Continuous Integration Systems and automatically deploy them.
For example, each division of a geographically dispersed team can allocate resources to the most efficient lab partition on the basis of lab policies.
Life cycle of a service (application) template.
Life cycle of a service (application) template (Figure3) is a series of changes in form that a template undergoes. A template can be at one of the 3 possible states:
- Work In Progress (WIP) - the template’s set-up process is incomplete.
- Processing - the template is being provisioned.
- Active - the template is published and available in Application Operations and Development Operations functional areas.
The following diagram illustrates the lifecycle of an environment entity. Please be aware that a lifecycle of an environemnt starts with service template testing. If a service template testing operation is successful, an environemnt is created and has a state “Active”. An environment can be at one of the 3 possible states:
- Active - the envronemnt is up and running.
- Ready For Provisioning - the envronemnt is ready for provisioning.
- Deleted - the envronemnt is deleted.
Delete processing, Provision processing, Abandon processing are states for operations that are applicable for an environment entity.
After an operation, e.g. deleting operation is completed, the record about that operation is transferred from the Activities tab to the Activity History tab.